Most of the cars, trucks, and SUVs on the road today have one or another type of spoiler. As exterior accessories from the factory go, they're pretty common. Better yet, they're style points that help an already attractive ride get even more looks as it passes by.
What Do Car Spoilers Do?
It's not always obvious. Sure, they're decorative. But they also improve just how well your vehicle handles.
They do it by changing the way air moves across its body. Their structure shunts the air in a way that minimizes resistance (drag, for short). This improves traction and smooths ride quality significantly. Your fuel economy can even get a bump for the better sometimes.
Types of Spoilers on Cars
There are several for sale today:
- Most cars, including many sports cars, have trunk spoilers.
- Crossover SUVs often have roof spoilers.
- Some performance SUVs have air dams. They're a kind of front spoiler.
- Some supercars have active spoilers, which dynamically adjust based on a combination of air activity and electronic feedback.
What are Car Spoilers Made of?
Nearly anything. Common materials include:
- ABS plastic
- Carbon fiber
What Spoiler Fits My Car?
The answer depends on the brand and model you drive. Either way, a genuine OEM spoiler will fit it best; your brand makes them compatible with your vehicle specifically from the get-go, and usually, you can even get one color-matched. Our auto parts counter offers a huge selection. Order one online today!
No results found for "spoiler". Here are some helpful search tips:
- Search by a part name. Example: water pump.
- Be less specific. Example: brake instead of ceramic brake.
- Remove information such as make, year or model.
- Can't find the part you are looking for? Contact us and we'll find it for you!